Mapping applications to IBM HTTP ServerMap IBM Connections applications to IBM HTTP Server.
Before you begin
Complete this task if you installed and configured IBM HTTP Server before installing IBM Connections.
If you plan to configure a reverse proxy, see the Configure a reverse caching proxy topic.
About this task
If you installed and configured IBM HTTP Server before installing IBM Connections, your IBM Connections applications are automatically mapped to the web server. However, if you installed and configured IBM HTTP Server after installing IBM Connections, manually map the applications and then regenerate the plugin.
To map your IBM Connections applications to IBM HTTP Server and regenerate the plugin...
- Open the WAS Integrated Solutions Console on the system where you installed the dmgr.
- Select Applications -> Application Types -> WebSphere enterprise applications.
- Map an IBM Connections application to IBM HTTP Server:
Note: This step instructs you to select webserver1. Ensure that you have defined this web server before you attempt to complete these steps. See the Define IBM HTTP Server topic.
- Select <application> -> Manage Modules, where <application> is an IBM Connections application.
- In the Clusters and Servers box, select the cluster and server on which you installed the application. If necessary, use the Ctrl key to select both targets.
- Select the check boxes for all the modules and click Apply.
- Review the Server details and ensure that both servers are listed there. Click OK and then click Save.
- Repeat this step for each IBM Connections application.
- From the WAS admin console, select Servers -> Server Types -> Web servers and then click the web server (webserver1).
- Click Generate Plug-in.
- Click your web server again and then click Propagate Plug-in.
Note: If you have trouble propagating the plug-in on Linux™, restart the IBM HTTP Server using the following commands:
./adminctl start./apachectl -k stop ./apachectl -k start
- (Communities only) Select Environment -> Update global Web Server plug-in configuration and then click OK to update the plug-in.
- Stop and restart the web server.
- Restart the servers for IBM Connections applications:
- From the WAS admin console, select Applications -> Application Types -> WebSphere enterprise applications.
- Select the check box beside each application that you want to restart.
- Click Stop.
- Select the same check boxes again and then click Start.
- Log out of the WAS admin console.
- Test the mappings: open a web browser and try to access each of the applications by specifying the web address using the following syntax:
where <hostname> is the host name of the web server to which you mapped the application and <application_name> is the name of the application. Do not specify the port number.
You can access each application without needing to specify a port number.
Parent topicUpdate web addresses in IBM HTTP Server
Configure a reverse caching proxy
September 1, 2011 10:30:08 AM
Sep 1, 2011 10:30:08 AM Edited para about installing IHS before/after IBM Connections. 1