Manage the Media Gallery widgetAs community owner, you can specify the type of content that you want the Media Gallery widget to display by editing settings for the widget. You can also hide the widget or remove it from the community.
Before you begin
You must be a community owner to hide or remove the Media Gallery widget, or to set display preferences for the widget. You must also be logged in to IBM Connections.
About this task
You can set widget preferences to specify whether the Media Gallery widget in your community shows only photos or videos, or both. If the widget is configured to show both photos and videos, community members can then filter the media gallery by file type. You can also specify the property templates to use for photo and video content within the community. Depending on which template you specify, different attributes might display in the user interface in addition to the standard attributes when users are uploading and working with media gallery content.
If you want to remove the Media Gallery widget from your community temporarily, you can hide it from the community. You can also delete the widget if you want to remove it from the community permanently.
- From the community's Overview page, click the Actions icon in the Media Gallery widget title bar, and select from the menu that displays.
- To set preferences for the widget display:
- Click Edit.
- Select an option from the Use the media gallery to show list.
You can display photos and videos, photos only, or videos only.
- Select a photo property template.
- Select a video property template.
- Click Save.
Important: After uploading photos with a particular template, do not switch to a different photo template and use the original photo template for videos. This configuration is not supported.
- To move the Media Gallery widget up or down the Overview page, choose Move Up or Move Down as appropriate.
- To hide the Media Gallery widget, choose Hide and confirm that you want to temporarily hide media gallery content from the community.
Note: When you want to make the media gallery available again, select Community Actions -> Customize to open the content palette, and select Media Gallery from the Hidden section of the palette. All content is restored.
- To permanently remove the Media Gallery widget, choose Remove and confirm that you want to permanently remove the widget.
Parent topicUse a media gallery
Add a media gallery to your community
Work with community widgets
April 14, 2011 10:15:35 AM
File Type Size File Name Created On image/x-png 1 KB iconActions.png 4/6/11 6:57 PM Apr 14, 2011 10:15:35 AM 2 Apr 13, 2011 4:26:31 AM 1