Install the Connections Portlets for IBM WebSphere PortalInstall the IBM Connections Portlets for IBM WebSphere Portal.
Before you beginUsing the portlets, you can access only those IBM Connections offerings that you have already installed and configured.
If you want to enable LTPA single sign-on between an IBM Connections feature and a WAS configured for stand-alone LDAP, complete the steps to enable single-sign on before beginning this procedure, here: Configure single sign-on.
- Download the plug-in from the IBM Connections catalog at the following web site:
- From your browser, log into IBM WebSphere Portal as an administrator.
- Click Administration -> Portlet Management -> Web Modules.
- If you are installing the portlets for the first time, do the following:
- Click Install.
- Browse to the war file that you downloaded from portlet catalog.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- If you are updating the portlets from an earlier installation, do the following:
- Click Search by -> File Name Contains and enter the string snor.pf.portlets.war.
- Select snor.pf.portlets.war from the search result and click the Update web Module button for the entry.
- Browse for the war file click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Repeat the steps in Configure portlets to use Common Directory Services to refresh the new configuration settings in the directory.services.xml and the directory.services.xsd files.
- Verify the portlets are successfully installed or updated.
- Add the portlets to a page. Follow the instructions provided in the IBM WebSphere Portal Information Center. You can find the Information Center at the following web site:
Note: The name you define for the portlets when you add them to the page will be the name that is displayed in the tab that users click to access it from the Portal page. The default name is IBM Connections.
- Follow the instructions provided in the IBM WebSphere Portal Information Center to give users access to the portlet. In this step you are defining which users can access the portlet from IBM WebSphere Portal. See the following web site for more information:
- Import the SSL keys into the Portal server as follows:
- Open the Admin Console page of the Portal server.
- Choose Security -> SSL certificate and key management.
- Choose Key stores and certificates .
- Select NodeDefaultTrustStore for a single server or CellDefaultTrustStore for a cluster.
- Choose Signer certificates, and click Retrieve from port.
- Enter values for the Host and Port fields in order to retrieve the SSL certificate as well as an arbitrary alias for the imported certificate.
Host: connections.acme.com Port: 443 Alias: connections_cert
- Select Retrieve signer information to retrieve the certificate from the Connections server.
If you are able to retrieve the certificate from the Connections server, you will see the certificate details listed. If the certificate was not retrieved successfully, you will see an error message like this:CWPKI0661E: Unable to get certificate signer information from hostname "connections.acme.com" and port "443". Verify hostname and port are correct.
- Click OK to save the certificate and Save to add this new configuration to the WAS settings.
What to do nextAfter installing the portlets, you need to wire them so they can act in concert.
Parent topicIBM Connections Portlets for WebSphere Portal
August 5, 2011 12:18:46 PM
Aug 5, 2011 12:18:46 PM 4 May 24, 2011 8:04:32 AM 2 Apr 15, 2011 11:21:25 AM 1 1 Apr 12, 2011 8:31:34 AM