Install interim fixes in interactive mode
Install interim fixes with the update wizard in interactive mode.
Before you begin
For information about prerequisites, see the Install interim fixes topic.
About this task
An interim fix is a noncumulative fix that resolves a single issue. This topic describes the steps to install an interim fix only; it does not include information about how to prepare the production environment before installing the fix.
By using the update wizard, you can interact with each step in the procedure.
You can install multiple fixes in this procedure.
To install an interim fix in interactive mode...
- Stop all the clusters that deploy Lotus® Connection applications.
- Configure the command line:
- Launch the installation wizard from the updateInstaller directory in the lotus_connections_root directory and run the following script file:
- Microsoft Windows:
- On the Welcome page, click Next to continue.
- Enter the location of the fixes in the Fix location field, or click Browse to navigate to the location of the fixes and then click Next. The update wizard scans the location for fixes.
- Select the check boxes of the fixes that you wish to install and then click Next.
- Confirm whether you backed up any customizations that you made to the IBM Connections
interface. This input does not validate any such backup; it is just a reminder to consider backing up any customizations because updates to your deployment could overwrite your customizations.
- Enter the WebSphere® Application Server dmgr administrator ID and password for each application and then click Next.
- Review the information that you have entered. To edit your input, click Back. To start the update, click Next. The installation process can take up to 10 minutes to complete.
- Review the result of the update. Click Finish to exit the wizard.
- Remove temporary WAS directories such as the app_server_root/profiles/AppSrv01/temp directory.
- Perform a full synchronization to push the update to all nodes.
The log files that are created by the wizard are located under the lotus_connections_root/version/log directory.
What to do next
Your IBM® Connections deployment was updated. To check the logs, go to the IM_root directory and open the <application>Update.log file, where <application> is the name of an IBM Connections application.
Parent topicInstall interim fixes
Install interim fixes in silent mode
February 24, 2012 8:05:54 AM
Feb 24, 2012 8:05:54 AM Fixed formating errors. 5 Feb 24, 2012 7:53:30 AM Add the featureCustomizationBackedUp step. 4 Nov 16, 2011 8:19:47 AM Mikkel Heisterberg 3 Nov 16, 2011 8:17:43 AM Mikkel Heisterberg 2 Nov 16, 2011 8:15:15 AM Mikkel Heisterberg 1