Install in silent modeUse a silent installation to perform an identical installation of IBM Connections on multiple systems.
About this task
By creating a response file to suit your environment, you can install IBM Connections on multiple systems without needing to interact with IBM Installation Manager.
To perform a silent installation...
- Navigate to the location of the silent installation file. The file is stored in the <Lotus_Connections_set-up>/Lotus_Connections_install/IM/<OS> directory, where <Lotus_Connections_set-up> is the directory or media where the IBM Connections installation files are located and<OS> represents your operating system
Note: To change the paths to the response file and log file, edit the lc_install.ini file. The file is located in the <Lotus_Connections_set-up>/Lotus_Connections_install/IM/<OS> directory.
- Run the silent installation file:
- AIX or Linux™: install.silent.sh -input <response_file.xml>
- Windows™: start install.silent.bat -input <response_file.xml>
where <response_file.xml> is the full path to the response file. The default name of the file is LC.rsp.
You can use the following parameters:
By default, the response file is stored in the following directory:
The installation wizard has silently installed IBM Connections in a network deployment.
When the installation is finished, check the lcinstalllog.txt file for errors and repeat this task if necessary. To check the complete details of the installation, open the log files in the lotus_connections_root/logs directory. Each IBM Connections application that you installed has a log file, using the following naming format: <application_name>Installog.txt, where <application_name> is the name of an IBM Connections application.
To view the log file for system events that occurred during the installation, open the <date_time>.xml file, where <date_time> represents the date and time of the installation. The file is located by default in the following directory:
- AIX or Linux (root user): /var/ibm/InstallationManager/logs
- AIX or Linux (non-root user): /home/<user>/var/ibm/Installation Manager/logs where <user> is the non-root user name
- Windows: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\IBM\Installation Manager\logs
What to do next
Complete any applicable post-installation tasks. For more information, see the Post-installation tasks topic.
Parent topicInstall silently
Install IBM Connections
Use the default response file
Create a response file
The default response file
September 7, 2011 8:27:44 AM
Sep 7, 2011 8:27:44 AM Edited Step 2: removed reference to the LC_linux.rsp file. 2 Aug 17, 2011 10:44:31 AM 1 Submitted by Dimitri Prosper on Aug 16, 2011 1:46:03 PM
Re: Installing in silent mode
I meant to say "You can't seem to...."Submitted by Dimitri Prosper on Aug 16, 2011 1:45:21 PM
Re: Installing in silent mode
is the full path to the response file. On AIX and Linux systems, the default name of the file is LC_linux.rsp. On Windows systems, the file is called LC.rsp."
FYI: You can [update: "can't"] seem to be able to place the LC_linux.rsp file anywhere but under the
/Lotus_Connections_install/LotusConnections directory, placing the file anywhere else and specifying the path yields the following error:
../../LotusConnections/LC_linux.rsp (No such file or directory)
So this should be updated to state that the location of the file must be: