Importing the default media gallery object typesYou must import the default photo and video object types provided with IBM Connections to enable media galleries in IBM Connections deployments.
About this taskObject types are defined in XML according to the Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) standard. Detailed documentation for the CMIS standard can be found at the Oasis CMIS web site.
IBM Connections provides two default object type XML definition files: MediaPhoto.xml defines a photo type, and MediaVideo.xml defines a video type. In multi-node clustered environments, these files are installed on each node. You must import them on the computer that the Files application is installed on, and then restart Files. In stand alone environments import the files on the single server, and then restart Files.
ProcedurePerform the following steps to import the default object types.
- Start the wsadmin client by completing the following steps:
- On the system Files is installed on, open a command prompt, and then change to the following directory:
- Enter the following command to start the wsadmin client:
- AIX or Linux:./wsadmin.sh -lang jython -user <admin_user_id> -password <admin_password> -port <SOAP_CONNECTOR_ADDRESS Port>
- Microsoft Windows:wsadmin -lang jython -user <admin_user_id> -password <admin_password> -port <SOAP_CONNECTOR_ADDRESS Port>
- <admin_user_id> is the user name of a person in the Administrator role on the IBM WAS.
- <admin_password> is the password of the WAS administrator.
- <SOAP_CONNECTOR_ADDRESS Port> is the SOAP port for the WAS. The default value of the SOAP port is 8879. If you are using the default port value, you do not need to specify this parameter. If you are not using the default and you do not know the port number, you can look up its value in the WAS Integrated Solution Console. To look up the SOAP port number, perform the following steps:
- Open the WAS Integrated Solution Console for the deployment manager, and then select System Administration -> dmgr.
- In the Additional properties section expand Ports, and then look for the SOAP_CONNECTOR_ADDRESS port entry to find the port number.
- AIX or Linux:./wsadmin.sh -lang jython -username primaryAdmin -password p@assword -port 8879
- Microsoft Windows:wsadmin -lang jython -username primaryAdmin -password p@assword -port 8879
- Start the Files Jython script interpreter using the following command:
- Run the following commands to import the default object type definitions:
- Run the following command to check that the new object type was imported. The command returns a list of all object types:
- Restart the Files application.
ResultsCommunity owners can select the object types when they add media gallery widgets to their communities. See Add a media gallery to your community.
Parent topicConfigure media galleries
Configure media galleries
Starting the wsadmin client
Add a media gallery to your community
September 19, 2011 9:58:44 AM
8 Sep 16, 2011 3:52:45 PM 7 Sep 16, 2011 12:25:01 PM 6 Sep 16, 2011 12:24:31 PM 5 Sep 16, 2011 12:23:33 PM 4 Sep 16, 2011 12:19:32 PM Sep 19, 2011 9:58:44 AM 3 Aug 29, 2011 2:43:38 PM 2 Aug 29, 2011 2:36:25 PM 1