Importing statistics and metrics into a spreadsheetYou can output statistics and metrics data from IBM Connections applications to files in the comma-separated-value (CSV) format. You can then import this data into any spreadsheet program that supports the importing of CSV files. After you import the data, you can use available spreadsheet functions to analyze or graph the statistics and metrics.
About this taskYou can use some commands to retrieve Lotus Connection application statistics and metrics and output them to CSV files. For example the FilesMetricsService.savePersonalToFile command returns metrics about files stored in the Files database and outputs them to a CSV file in a path location you specify. See the metrics and commands topics for each application for information on outputting metrics data to CSV files.
ProcedureHere is a typical example of the steps required to import the statistics file into a spreadsheet. This example uses the IBM Lotus Symphony™ spreadsheet, but the steps are similar for other spreadsheet products.
- From the Symphony spreadsheet menu, select File -> Open.
- Select the CSV file that you want to import, and then click Open.
- In the Text Import box, under Separator options, make sure that Separated by and Comma are selected.
- Click OK to display the file in the Symphony spreadsheet.
- Use the spreadsheet tools to format the chart as you want to.
- When you have finished making changes, you can save the file in ODS format.
Parent topicCollecting metrics
View and collect Activities metrics
View and collect Communities metrics
View and collect Forums metrics
View and collect Home page metrics
View and collect Profiles metrics
View and collect Search metrics
View and collect Files metrics
View and collect Wikis metrics
Files administrative commands
Wikis administrative commands