Importing members into a communityYou can add multiple members to your community at the same time using the import tool on the Members page. You must be a community owner to import members into a community.
Before you beginYou can only import community members when email is configured to be displayed for your deployment. If your administrator has configured email to be hidden, then the Import Members button does not display in the user interface. There is no set limit on the number of members that you can import into a community. However, you might be limited by the amount of available memory on the server.
ProcedureTo import members into a community...
- Open the Members page of the community where you want to import the members.
- Click Import Members.
- Ensure that Add people to the community is selected.
- Select a membership role for the new members from the Add people to the community as list. All the members are given the same role.
- Do one of the following:
- To import people using their email addresses:
- Select Enter comma-separated email addresses.
- Enter the email addresses of the people that you want to import and click Import.
Important: The email address format must match the format of the profile records in the LDAP directory or Profiles database. If you use an invalid email address, that is, one that does not match the format used in the profile records, an error is displayed in the user interface.
- To import members from a comma-separated value (CSV) file:
- Click Select a CSV file of email addresses.
- Click Browse to locate the CSV file containing the information that you want to import, and then click Import.
Parent topicHow do I add community members?
Export community membership
Add members to a community
Accept membership requests