How does trash work?Move your files to trash to remove them from Files. You can restore or permanently delete files from trash.
Before you beginYou must log in to work with files in your trash.
Administrators can see and work with files in your trash.
Files in trash count toward your size quota. When you reach your quota limit you can delete files in trash to make space.
When you move a file to the trash, all of the file's versions, recommendations, and comments move to the trash, and the file is hidden from people with whom you have shared it. When you restore a file from the trash, all versions, recommendations, and comments are restored, and people with whom you have shared the file can see it again.
Moving a file to trash hides it from all folders and it no longer show ups in searches. After a file is restored it is added back to the folders it was previously in, and all data is restored as if the file had never been moved to the trash. Also, bookmarks to a file stop working when the file is in the trash, but work again after the file is restored.
- Log in to Files.
- Open a file page.
- Click More Actions -> Move to Trash, and then click OK.
- Click Trash in the navigation panel.
- Optional: Choose either of the following:
- To restore the file click the arrow icon next to it, and then select Restore. Restoring a file returns it to all views and all folders it was in before you moved it to trash.
- To permanently delete the file click the arrow icon next to it, and then select Delete.
- Optional: To permanently delete all files in the trash, click Empty Trash.
Parent topicFiles overviews, how-tos, and FAQs
Welcome to Files
Who can work with files?
What happens to my file when someone edits it?