Follow forums and forum topicsFollow a forum when you want to receive notifications about the latest updates to the forum. If you are interested in a particular forum thread, you can also follow forum content at topic level.
About this taskWhen you follow a forum, you receive notifications about the latest updates to the forum. Following a forum topic is also useful when you are interested in a specific discussion thread and you want to keep up-to-date with the progress of that thread.
Anyone can follow a stand-alone forum or forum topic.
- When you create a forum, you automatically follow that forum; you do not need to perform any additional steps to follow the forum.
- When you are already following a community, you do not need to follow its forums or forum topics separately; updates about the community forums are automatically included when you follow the parent community.
To follow forum content, do one of the following.
- To follow a forum:
- Open the forum that you want to follow.
- Select Follow -> Follow this Forum.
- To follow a forum topic:
- Open the topic that you want to follow.
- Select Follow -> Follow this Topic.
The topic is added to the list of topics that you are following. To view the complete list, select I'm Following on the My Forums tab and ensure that the Topics tab is selected.
What to do nextYou can keep track of the forums and forum topics that you are following from the Home page by selecting News Feed -> Forums on the Updates tab. You can also set email preferences to control how you want to be notified about the forum content that you are following. For more information, see Setting email notification preferences.
If you no longer want to receive notifications about updates to a forum or forum topic, you can stop following it. To stop following a forum, open the forum and select Follow -> Stop Following this Forum. To stop following a forum topic, open the topic and click Follow -> Stop Following this Topic.
Parent topicForums overviews, how-tos, and FAQs
Setting email notification preferences
August 29, 2011 6:10:15 AM
Aug 29, 2011 6:10:15 AM 1