Flag a forum entry or reply as inappropriateTo flag a forum entry or reply as inappropriate, send an Atom entry document containing the report to the Forums content reporting mechanism.
See Authenticating requests for information about how to authenticate the request.
To flag a forum entry or reply as inappropriate...
- Get the Forums service document.
- From the service document, find the URI for the My Forums or Public Forums feed and send a get request to retrieve it.
- For the forum of interest in the forums feed, find the value of the href attribute of the "replies" element. For example:
<link href="https://www.example.com/forums/atom/topics?forumUuid=uuid" rel="replies" type="application/atom+xml" thr:count="0"> </link>
Send a GET request to the web address specified in the href attribute to retrieve the forum topics feed.
- For the topic of interest, find the value of the href attribute of the <link> element for the topic that you want to flag as inappropriate. If you want to flag a topic's reply, get the rel attribute of the "replies" link and send a GET request to the specified web address. After you find the entry that represents the topic or reply that you want to flag, make a note of web address in the href attribute of the self <link> element.
- Create a report entry document to send as input on the request. In it, identify the topic or reply that you want to flag by including a link element that contains an href attribute with the same web address you noted in the previous step. For example:
<entry xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xmlns:snx="http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/sn"> <link rel="http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/sn/report-item" href="https://example.com/forums/atom/topic?topicUuid=7d6540a5-b8b1-4331-b4ec-4aaf15ec0d45"> </link> <title type="text">Human Resources</title> <content type="text">Human Resources</content> <category scheme="http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/sn/issue" term="002"></category> </entry>
- Send a POST request to the URI specified in the table below. Pass the report entry document as input on the request.
Table 1. Atom API request details
Method Resource URI Input representation POST Inappropriate content reporting mechanism /atom/reports report
InputProvide a report Atom entry document. The content type of the Atom entry document must be application/atom+xml.
Returned HTTP headers
HTTP/1.1 204 No Content
Indicates that the flag was accepted. If an error occurs, this header contains one of the error codes.
- HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
- HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
Parent topicFlag Forums content
Report entry content
Getting a list of inappropriate content flag options in Forums