Exposing information about followingYou can add a setting to the profiles-config.xml file to specify whether information relating to the following feature is made public.
Before you beginTo edit configuration files, use the wsadmin client. See Starting the wsadmin client for information about how to start the wsadmin command-line tool.
About this taskWhen the following feature is enabled, users can follow other users to get the latest updates about them. By default, following information is private in the sense that only the logged-in user can view information about the people that they are following and the people who are following them. You can change this behavior to make following information public by adding a setting to the profiles-config.xml file.
ProcedureTo expose following information...
- From the dmgr host:
If prompted to specify a service to connect to, type 1 to pick the first node in the list. Most commands can run on any node. If the command writes or reads information to or from a file using a local file path, pick the node where the file is stored.
- Check out the Profiles configuration files:
- <working_directory> is the temporary working directory to which the configuration XML and XSD files are copied and are stored while you make changes to them. Use forward slashes (/) to separate directories in the file path, even if you are using the Microsoft Windows operating system.
Note: AIX and Linux only: The directory must grant write permissions or the command does not complete successfully.
- <cell_name> is the name of the WAS cell hosting the Profiles application. This argument is required. It is also case-sensitive, so type it with care. If you do not know the cell name, you can determine it by typing the following command in the wsadmin command processor: print AdminControl.getCell()
- AIX or Linux:ProfilesConfigService.checkOutConfig("/opt/prof/temp","foo01Cell01")
- Microsoft Windows:ProfilesConfigService.checkOutConfig("c:/prof/temp","foo01Cell01")
Open the profiles-config.xml file in a text editor. Add the following setting to the <properties> section of the file:
<property name="com.ibm.lconn.profiles.config.MakeFollowingInfoPublic" value="true"/>
Save your changes and close the configuration file. After making changes, check the configuration files back in, and do so during the same wsadmin session in which you checked them out for the changes to take effect. See Apply property changes in Profiles for information about how to save and apply your changes.
Parent topicConfigure advanced settings in Profiles
Apply property changes in Profiles
Configure the following feature by profile type