Enable the use of pronunciation files in an HTTPS environmentEnsure that Profiles users can save and play pronunciation files in an HTTPS environment by defining a rule in the IBM HTTP Server's configuration file.
Before you beginThis task needs to be performed in an HTTPS environment only.
About this taskProfiles users can add a recording of how their name is pronounced to enhance their profile. To ensure that users can save a pronunciation file to their own profile and listen to the recordings of other users, define a rule in the IBM HTTP Server's configuration file to explicitly set the caching headers of pronunciation files.
ProcedureDefine a rule in the IBM HTTP Server by completing the following steps:
- Use a text editor, open the IBM HTTP Server configuration file, httpd.conf file. The file is stored in the following directory by default:
- AIX : /usr/IBM/HTTPServer/conf
- Linux™: /opt/IBM/HTTPServer/conf
- Microsoft™ Windows™: C:\IBM\HTTPServer\conf
- Add the following block of code to the httpd.conf file:
<LocationMatch /*/profiles/audio.do> Header set Pragma "" Header set Cache-Control "private, max-age=0, must-revalidate" </LocationMatch>
- Save and close the configuration file.
- Restart the IBM HTTP Server.
Parent topicAdminister Profiles
Uploading pronunciation files