Enable and disable synchronizationEnable or disable the synchronization of nodes in a deployment of IBM Connections.
About this taskYou can enable the following types of synchronization from the dmgr:
- Automatic synchronization – Updates occur on a schedule. This type of synchronization is enabled by default in network deployments
- Startup synchronization – Updates occur each time the server is started
To enable or disable synchronization...
- Open the WAS Integrated Solutions Console on the system that hosts the dmgr and click System Administration -> Node agents.
- Click the nodeagent link for the node for which you are enabling or disabling synchronization.
- In the Additional Properties section, click File synchronization service.
- Perform one of the following actions:
- To turn on synchronization, select the Automatic synchronization and Startup synchronization check boxes.
- To turn off synchronization, clear the Automatic synchronization and Startup synchronization check boxes.
- Click Save.
- Click System Administration -> Node agents.
- Select the check box of the node for which you are enabling or disabling synchronization, and click Restart.
If you are turning synchronization on or off for more than one node, perform this step for each node.
- Restart the dmgr.
What to do nextTo perform a full synchronization, see the Synchronize nodes topic.
Parent topicSynchronize nodes