Displaying file attachments inlineConfigure Wikis to display file attachments inline instead of as attachments. This is useful when you download and display active content, such as Adobe™ Flash (.swf) files, in your own HTML pages. Enable inline display by changing a configuration property in the wikis-config.xml file. Then change the attachment URLs to use inline parameter.
Before you beginTo edit configuration files, use the IBM WAS wsadmin client. See Starting the wsadmin client for information about how to start the wsadmin command-line tool.
About this taskBy default, the IBM Connections server passes Wikis application file attachments to browsers with the header "Content-Disposition: attachment." This means files display as attachments; when users click the attachment they are prompted to open or download the file. It also prevents embedding files. If you want to embed files in your own HTML page using an <embed> tag, the content disposition must be inline. This affects active content, such as Adobe Flash (.swf), and HTML pages referenced with <iframe>.
Configure a property in wikis-config.xml to change the content disposition from attachment to inline.
Important: Wikis uses the attachment disposition for security reasons. Specifically, uploaded files could potentially contain malicious code that can exploit the cross-site scripting vulnerabilities of some browsers. If you switch to inline disposition, you should configure an alternate domain download for greater security. See Mitigating a cross site scripting attack.
- Start the wsadmin client.
- Start the Wikis Jython script interpreter.
- Access the Wikis configuration files:
If you are asked to select a server, you can select any server.
- Check out the Wikis configuration files using the following command:
- <working_directory> is the temporary working directory to which the configuration XML and XSD files are copied. The files are kept in this working directory while you make changes to them.
Note: AIX and Linux™ only: The directory must grant write permissions or the command will not run successfully.
- <cell_name> is the name of the WAS cell hosting the IBM Connections application. This argument is required. If you do not know the cell name, you can determine it by typing the following command in the wsadmin command processor:
- Change the content disposition to inline using the following command:
- You must check the configuration files back in after making changes, and they must be checked in during the same wsadmin session in which they were checked out for the changes to take effect. See the topic Apply Wikis property changes for details.
- Change your attachment URLs to use the inline parameter.
Parent topicAdminister Wikis