Delete flagged forum topics and repliesTo delete a flagged forum topic or reply, use the HTTP DELETE method.
Only a person added to the global-moderator role of the Forums application can delete a flagged topic or reply. Deleted forum topics and replies cannot be restored.
See Authenticating requests for information about how to authenticate the request.
To delete a flagged topic or reply...
- Retrieve the moderation service document. See Retrieve the Forums moderation service document for more details.
- In the service document, find the collection with the <atom:category term="review-content" .../> child element, and make a note of the web address in its href attribute.
- Send a GET request to the web address you copied from the previous step. In the returned feed, find the topic or reply that you want to delete, and make a note of the web address for it, which is specified in the href attribute of its rel=edit link.
- Send a DELETE request to the web address of the edit link of the topic or reply that you noted in the previous step.
Table 1. Atom API request details
Method URI Input and output representations DELETE Value of the href attribute of the rel="edit" <link> representing the topic or reply in the Post-moderated Entries feed. none
Returned HTTP headers
HTTP/1.1 204 No Content
Indicates that the forum topic or reply was successfully deleted (and no content is returned).
- HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
- HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Parent topicWork with flagged forum topics and replies