Delete flagged commentsTo delete a comment that has been flagged as inappropriate, use the HTTP DELETE method.
Only the moderator or owner of the blog can delete a flagged comment. Deleted comments cannot be restored.
See Authenticating requests for information about how to authenticate the request.
To delete a flagged comment...
- Retrieve the moderation service document. See Retrieve the Blogs moderation service document for more details.
- In the service document, locate the workspace with the <atom:category term="comments-moderation" .../> child element, and then find the collection with the <atom:category term="review-content" .../> child element, and make a note of the web address in its href attribute.
- Send a GET request to the web address you copied from the previous step. In the returned feed, find the comment that you want to delete, and make a note of the web address for it, which is specified in the href attribute of its rel=edit link.
- Send a DELETE request to the web address of the edit link of the comment that you noted in the previous step.
Table 1. Atom API request details
Method URI Input and output representations DELETE Value of the href attribute of the rel="edit" <link> representing the entry in the Flagged Comments feed. none
Returned HTTP headers
HTTP/1.1 204 No Content
Indicates that the comment was successfully deleted (and no content is returned).
- HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
- HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Parent topicWork with flagged comments