Define a foreign bus on the News repository serverCreate a foreign bus from the News repository server to each of the application servers. This bus represents the physical bus for each application server.
Before you beginYou can follow the steps below to create a foreign bus using the WAS Integrated Solutions Console. Alternatively, you can use the wsadmin tool. For more information on creating a foreign bus using the wsadmin tool, go to the Create a foreign bus using the wsadmin tool web page.
About this taskDefining a foreign bus from the News repository server to an application server allows the News repository bus to address destinations on the application bus.
Important: When defining a foreign bus, give it the same name as the target bus that it represents.
To define a foreign bus on one of the News repository server...
- Log in to the WAS admin console for the News repository server.
- Select Service Integration -> Buses, and then select the bus that corresponds to the server hosting the News service.
- Select the bus defined for the News repository server.
- In the content pane under Topology, click Foreign Buses.
- Click New.
- Enter the name of the foreign bus. This name must match the name of the bus used by the application server that you defined in the Preparing to create bus links topic.
- Leave the remaining options unchanged and click Next.
- Click Next again.
- Enter user ID defined for the connectionsAdmin alias in the Inbound user ID and Outbound user ID fields and click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Save your changes to the master configuration.
Preparing to create bus links