Customize the error pageCustomize the text on the error pages in IBM Connections.
About this task
You can change the text that is displayed on the IBM Connections error pages to more closely reflect what users should do when they run into a problem. For example, you might want to replace the phrase "Contact your administrator" with details about who to contact including an email address or other contact information.
- Copy the error.jsp file from the WAR file of one of the applications. You can access the file from the following directory:
- <WAS_home> is the directory to which you installed IBM WAS
- <profile_name> is the profile to which you installed one of the IBM Connections applications
- <cell_name> is the cell to which you installed the application
- <application_name.ear> is the EAR file name for the application
- <application_name.war> is one of the following file names:
The error.jsp file is the same for each application. You only need to make a copy of one instance of the file.
- Paste the file into the appropriate subdirectory in the Customization directory, which is most likely the common directory. See Customize the user interface for more details. For example, to use the same error page in all applications, you would copy the file into the following directory:
- Open the copied error.jsp file in an editor to make your changes.
- You might want to change, for example, the generic text in the message that says "Contact your administrator" to provide a more meaningful message for your organization, such as "Add a ticket in the Acme IT Support Database <link>" or “Copy the error info below and email it to email@example.com." To do so, look for the following block of HTML:
<p id="lconnErrorDetails" style="display:none;" class="lconnErrorDetails"><label for="lconnErrorText"> <fmt:message key="error.details.info" /> </label> <textarea id="lconnErrorText" readonly="readonly" class="lotusText" wrap="off"> </textarea> </p>
Replace the <fmt:message> element with the text that you want to have displayed in the message box. For example:<p id="lconnErrorDetails" style="display:none;" class="lconnErrorDetails"><label for="lconnErrorText"> Copy the error info below and e-mail it to <a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com</a>. </label> <textarea id="lconnErrorText" readonly="readonly" class="lotusText" wrap="off"> </textarea> </p>
- Save and close the file.
- To test your change, refresh the web browser, and then perform an action that will generate an error message.
- See Customize the user interface for details on how to apply your changes permanently.
Parent topicCustomize the user interface
November 15, 2011 8:53:01 AM
Nov 15, 2011 8:53:01 AM Changed oaweb.war to oawebui.war and changed forums.web.war to forum.w... 1