About this taskYou cannot use the customization debugging capability to test edited strings. Do not customize calendar strings.
- Blog widget in Communities: <customizationDir>\communities\lc-widgets-communities-blogs.war\script\lconn\communitiesBlog\nls\strings.js
- Ideation Blog widget in Communities: <customizationDir>\communities\lc-widgets-ideation-blog.war\script\lconn\ideationBlog\nls\strings.js
- Bookmarks application: <customizationDir>\bookmarks\dojo_1.4\lconn\nls\dogear_xx.js
- <customizationDir>\homepage\dojo_1.4\com\ibm\enabler\nls\common_xx.js: Strings displayed in several pages in the Home page application, such as Getting Started, Widgets, and Updates
- <customizationDir>\homepage\dojo_1.4\lconn\nls\updates_xx.js: Strings displayed in the Updates page
- <customizationDir>\homepage\dojo_1.4\lconn\nls\gettingstarted_xx.js: Strings displayed in the getting started page
- <customizationDir>\homepage\dojo_1.4\lconn\nls\widgetsPage_xx.js: Strings displayed in the widgets page
- <customizationDir>\homepage\dojo_1.4\base\nls\iWidgets_xx.js: Strings displayed in widgets
- <customizationDir>\homepage\dojo_1.4\dojo\nls\dojo_xx.js: Strings displayed in base widget provided by the Dojo Toolkit
<customizationDir>\news\dojo_1.4\lconn\nls\emailDigest_xx.js: Strings for dijit in email digest preferences page
where _xx is the language code representing the language used in the file.
Use one of the following language codes:
5. Repeat the previous step until you have replaced all of the strings that you want to change.
8. Using the WAS Integrated Solutions Console, restart the application associated with the file that you have changed.
9. Test your changes by clearing your browser cache, and then refreshing the browser.
10. To force all user web browsers to refresh all cached content and display your changes, run the command that updates the product version stamp.
a. Enter the following command to access the IBM Connections configuration file: execfile("connectionsConfig.py")
If prompted to specify a service to connect to, type 1 to pick the first node in the list. Most commands can run on any node. If the command writes or reads information to or from a file using a local file path, pick the node where the file is stored. This information is not used by the wsadmin client when you are making configuration changes.
b. Check out the IBM Connections configuration files:
- <working_directory> is the temporary working directory to which the configuration XML and XSD files are copied and are stored while you make changes to them. Use forward slashes to separate directories in the file path, even if you are using the Microsoft™ Windows™ operating system.
AIX and Linux™ only: The directory must grant write permissions or the command does not run successfully.
- <cell_name> is the name of the WAS cell hosting the IBM Connections application. This argument is case-sensitive, so type it with care. To obtain the cell name:print AdminControl.getCell()
- AIX or Linux:LCConfigService.checkOutConfig("/opt/temp","foo01Cell01")
- Microsoft Windows:LCConfigService.checkOutConfig("c:/temp","foo01Cell01")
c. Enter the following command to increment the value of the versionStamp property:
LCConfigService.updateConfig("versionStamp","<gmt_timestamp>") where <gmt_timestamp> is the GMT time. You can specify an empty string for the time stamp or provide a GMT value string. When you specify an empty string, the client calculates the current GMT time and updates the version stamp with that value. If you choose to provide the time, specify it using the following format: yyyyMMdd.HHmmss and specify the time in GMT. It is best to provide an empty string and let the client format the time stamp. For example: LCConfigService.updateConfig("versionStamp","").
d. After making changes, check the configuration files back in and do so during the same wsadmin session in which you checked them out for the changes to take effect. See Apply common configuration property changes for information about how to save and apply your changes.
Parent topicCustomize product strings
January 11, 2012 11:34:48 AM
Jan 11, 2012 11:34:48 AM 13 Dec 15, 2011 2:45:35 PM 12 Dec 15, 2011 2:45:16 PM 11 Nov 22, 2011 8:58:44 PM 10 Nov 22, 2011 8:21:00 AM 9 Nov 7, 2011 5:01:28 PM Changed references of _en to _xx (again). 8 Oct 28, 2011 1:56:26 PM Updated the Bookmark app/Bookmarklet information. 7 Oct 21, 2011 1:20:35 PM Added \dojo_1.4\ to two of the home page directories. 6 Oct 21, 2011 12:00:07 PM Added moderation and media gallery to the Note stating which apps do n... 5 Oct 21, 2011 11:30:58 AM 4 Oct 21, 2011 9:34:28 AM Changed oaweb.war to oawebui.war and forums.web.war to forum.web.war p... 3 Oct 21, 2011 9:25:23 AM Fixed formatting of numbered steps. 2 Oct 21, 2011 9:24:07 AM Fixed typo in Step 1 and changed refs to _en to _xx to be consistent. ... 1