Create to dos in an ActivityYou can create a to-do list in a Microsoft™ Word document and post it to an activity.
Before you beginYou must be configured to use Activities to use this feature. See the topic Configure the IBM Connections Plug-in for Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows for details.
About this taskCreating a to-do list in Microsoft Word is a great shortcut for quickly creating action items. When you create a to-do list and post it to an activity, each item is posted as a separate to do. You can then go into the activity and assign the to-do items to activity users.
- Open a Word document.
- Type a to do or type multiple to dos, separating them with carriage returns.
- Select the to dos and click Connections above the editing area (Office 2003) or the Connections ribbon (Office 2007 and Office 2010), then select Add To Do Items.
- Do one of the following:
- Select an existing activity.
- Create an activity. Assign a name and optionally fill out the Tags and Activity Goal field for the activity. You can also assign a due date and invite users to join the activity.
- If you did not start with a to-do list, you can enter one or more to dos now, or you can add to the list.
- Click More Options to do any of the following:
- Enter a name in the Assigned to field to assign the to do to another activity member
- Enter a Due date when the to do should be completed.
- Enter a Description for the to do.
- Assign one or more Tags to categorize the to do item.
- Mark the to do as private if you do not want other members to see it.
- Click OK to save the to do to the selected activity.
When you open the activity, your file is available as an entry.
Parent topicUse the IBM Connections Plug-in for Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows