Create entry templatesIf you designed an entry that you would like to reuse, save the entry as an entry template.
About this taskAn entry template is a prototype of an entry. You can create a template, and then use it to create multiple custom entries. Entry templates are available within the activity in which they were created only; they are not shared across activities.
To create an entry template...
- Create an entry to serve as the model for the template. Add all the fields that you want to add and rename them as appropriate.
See How do I add an entry? for more information about how to create an entry.
- Save the entry.
- Find the created entry, and then click More Actions -> Save as Entry Template.
If you do not see the More Actions link, the entry may be collapsed. Click the entry title to expand it.
- Type a name into the Name field. For example, Status report.
- If you want to associate an icon with the template and any entries created from it, click an icon.
- Click Save to create the template, and then click Close to close the confirmation message box that is displayed.
- To use the new entry template, click Add from Entry Template -> Add <entry template name>.
where <entry template name> is the name of the entry template that you created. For example, Add Status report.
Parent topicWork with entry templates
How do I add an entry?
Edit entry templates
Add a custom entry