Create an activity from a templateCreate an activity from a template when there is a template available that was designed for the goal that you want to accomplish. The right template can get you and your team started on a project more quickly and effectively.
Before you beginYou cannot use this procedure to create a community activity. For information about creating a community activity from a template, see Create a community activity in the Communities Help.
About this taskTo create an activity from a template...
- Click the Activity Templates tab to see a list of the available templates. Click More beside a template title to read its description.
- After you find a template that you want to use, open it if it is not already open, and then click Start an Activity from this Template.
- Add values or change the values of any activity fields that you want to change.
- From the Starting page field, choose which view to display by default when the activity is opened.
- Specify who should belong to this activity.
- To keep the people defined as members of the template associated with this activity, select Use members from template.
- To add an individual person or group, expand Add a Member. Begin typing the group or person's name or email address into the second field. As you type, a list of matching names is displayed. Click a name in the list to add that person or group.
- To add all of the members of a community to the template, expand Share with Communities. Begin typing the community name into the second field. As you type, a list of matching names is displayed. Click a name in the list to add that community.
- To add a person, group, or community to a role other than the default role of author, click the down-arrow beside the Author field, and then select Owner or Reader. The access level options are defined as follows:
- Click Save to create the activity.
Parent topicWork with activity templates
Starting an activity