Contacting IBM SupportIBM Support provides assistance with product defects.
Before you beginBefore contacting IBM Support, your company must have an active IBM software maintenance contract, and be authorized to submit problems to IBM. For information about the types of maintenance contracts available, see "Enhanced Support" in the Software Support Handbook at: techsupport.services.ibm.com/guides/services.html
About this taskComplete the following steps to contact IBM Support with a problem:
- Define the problem, gather background information, and determine the severity of the problem. For help, see the "Contacting IBM" in the Software Support Handbook: techsupport.services.ibm.com/guides/beforecontacting.html
- Gather diagnostic information. See Collecting data for more details.
- Submit your problem to IBM Support in one of the following ways:
- Use IBM Support Assistant (ISA):
- Online: Click the Open service request button from the IBM Connections Support site.
- By phone: For the phone number to call in your country, go to the Contacts page of the Software Support Handbook: techsupport.services.ibm.com/guides/contacts.html
What to do nextIf the problem you submit is for a software defect or for missing or inaccurate documentation, IBM Support creates an Authorized Program Analysis Report (APAR). The APAR describes the problem in detail. Whenever possible, IBM Support provides a workaround that you can implement until the APAR is resolved and a fix is delivered. IBM publishes resolved APARs on the IBM Support web site daily, so that other users who experience the same problem can benefit from the same resolution.
Parent topicTroubleshooting and support