Configure the size of the community description summaryUse configuration settings to set the maximum size of a community description summary.
Before you beginTo edit configuration files, use the IBM WAS wsadmin client. See Starting the wsadmin client for details.
About this taskThe community description summary displays on the Public Communities and My Communities pages.
ProcedureTo set the size of the community description summary...
- From the dmgr host:
If prompted to specify a service to connect to, type 1 to pick the first node in the list. Most commands can run on any node. If the command writes or reads information to or from a file using a local file path, pick the node where the file is stored.
- Check out the Communities configuration files using the following command:
- <working_directory> is the temporary working directory to which the configuration XML and XSD files are copied. The files are kept in this working directory while you make changes to them.
Note: AIX and Linux only: The directory must grant write permissions or the command will not run successfully.
- <cell_name> is the name of the WAS cell hosting the IBM Connections application. This argument is required. If you do not know the cell name, you can determine it by typing the following command in the wsadmin command processor:
To change the size of the community description summary, use the following command:
- <property> is one of the editable Communities configuration properties.
- <value> is the new value with which you want to set that property.
The following table displays information regarding the community description summary property and the type of data that you can enter for it.
Table 1. The community description summary property
Property Description descriptionSummary.size Determines maximum size in characters of a community description summary.
This property takes an integer value.
After making changes, check the configuration files back in, and do so during the same wsadmin session in which you checked them out for the changes to take effect. See Apply property changes in Communities for information about how to save and apply your changes.
Parent topicAdminister Communities
Apply property changes in Communities