Configure temporary directories for storing filesYou can configure a temporary directory on each node in your deployment for storing the files for indexing. The files are converted to plain text for indexing in the locations that you specify. If you do not specify a temporary directory for each node, the same directory as the index is used.
About this taskIn IBM Connections 3 and later, the Search index is not confined to a single node; several indexes can be managed across a clustered environment. You can specify where to download files for indexing by creating an IBM WAS variable called SEARCH_INDEX_FILE_CONTENT_DIR and setting the value to the temporary directory that you want to use for text extraction during the indexing process.
ProcedureTo configure a temporary directory on each node for downloading files for text extraction...
- Log in to the WAS Integrated Console.
- Expand Environment, and then click WebSphere variables.
- Select the scope of the variable.
The scope should be set to the same value as the scope for the SEARCH_INDEX_DIR variable on this node.
- Click New.
- Enter SEARCH_INDEX_FILE_CONTENT_DIR as the name of the node.
- Enter the location of the temporary directory that you want to use in the Value field.
- Click OK.
- Select Environment -> WebSphere variables, and verify that the variable is displayed in the list of variables for the selected scope.
- Save and apply your changes, and then restart the server.
- Repeat steps 1-9 for each node for which you want to configure a temporary directory for downloading files.
Parent topicManage the Search index