Configure event log clean-up for ProfilesEdit settings in the profiles-config.xml file to define the interval at which events are deleted from the Profiles database and specify how often the event log clean-up task runs.
Before you beginTo edit configuration files, use the wsadmin client. See Starting the wsadmin client for information about how to start the wsadmin command-line tool.
About this taskIn IBM Connections 3, a new process was added to clean up the event log table and ensure that events are periodically removed from the Profiles database. By default, the clean-up process automatically removes any entries in the EVENTLOG table that are older than 30 days and the process is run once a day. You can change these default settings if necessary.
ProcedureTo configure event log clean-up for Profiles, add properties to the profiles-config.xml file manually as follows.
- From the dmgr host:
If prompted to specify a service to connect to, type 1 to pick the first node in the list. Most commands can run on any node. If the command writes or reads information to or from a file using a local file path, pick the node where the file is stored.
- Check out the Profiles configuration files:
- <working_directory> is the temporary working directory to which the configuration XML and XSD files are copied and are stored while you make changes to them. Use forward slashes (/) to separate directories in the file path, even if you are using the Microsoft Windows operating system.
Note: AIX and Linux only: The directory must grant write permissions or the command does not complete successfully.
- <cell_name> is the name of the WAS cell hosting the Profiles application. This argument is required. It is also case-sensitive, so type it with care. If you do not know the cell name, you can determine it by typing the following command in the wsadmin command processor: print AdminControl.getCell()
- AIX or Linux:ProfilesConfigService.checkOutConfig("/opt/prof/temp","foo01Cell01")
- Microsoft Windows:ProfilesConfigService.checkOutConfig("c:/prof/temp","foo01Cell01")
Open the profiles-config.xml file in a text editor. Add the following settings to the "Additional config settings START" section of the file:
<properties> <property name="com.ibm.lconn.profiles.config.EventLogToKeepInDays" value="30"/> <property name="com.ibm.lconn.profiles.config.DBCleanupIntervalInMinutes" value="1440"/> </properties>
Defines how long (in days) events are kept in the EVENTLOG table. After the specified time, the events are deleted from the database. The default value is 30.
Specifies the interval (in minutes) at which events are deleted from the EVENTLOG table. The default value is 720.
Save your changes and close the configuration file. After making changes, check the configuration files back in, and do so during the same wsadmin session in which you checked them out for the changes to take effect. See Apply property changes in Profiles for information about how to save and apply your changes.
Parent topicConfigure advanced settings in Profiles
Apply property changes in Profiles
Manage the Profiles event log