Configure board character limits for ProfilesYou can configure settings in the profiles-config.xml file to control the character limit available for status updates and board entries.
Before you beginTo edit configuration files, use the IBM WAS wsadmin client. See Starting the wsadmin client for information about how to start the wsadmin command-line tool.
ProcedureTo set the character limit for status updates and the board...
- From the dmgr host:
If prompted to specify a service to connect to, type 1 to pick the first node in the list. Most commands can run on any node. If the command writes or reads information to or from a file using a local file path, pick the node where the file is stored.
- Check out the Profiles configuration files:
- <working_directory> is the temporary working directory to which the configuration XML and XSD files are copied and are stored while you make changes to them. Use forward slashes (/) to separate directories in the file path, even if you are using the Microsoft Windows operating system.
Note: AIX and Linux only: The directory must grant write permissions or the command does not complete successfully.
- <cell_name> is the name of the WAS cell hosting the Profiles application. This argument is required. It is also case-sensitive, so type it with care. If you do not know the cell name, you can determine it by typing the following command in the wsadmin command processor: print AdminControl.getCell()
- AIX or Linux:ProfilesConfigService.checkOutConfig("/opt/prof/temp","foo01Cell01")
- Microsoft Windows:ProfilesConfigService.checkOutConfig("c:/prof/temp","foo01Cell01")
Open the profiles-config.xml file in a text editor. Update the following settings in the <properties> section of the file.
<properties> <property name="com.ibm.lconn.profiles.config.theboard.entry.MaxChars" value="1000"/> <property name="com.ibm.lconn.profiles.config.ui.theboard.entry.ViewTruncateChars" value="250"/> <property name="com.ibm.lconn.profiles.config.ui.theboard.comment.ViewTruncateChars" value="250"/> </properties>
Controls how many characters can be entered in status updates, board messages, and board comments. The default is 1000 characters.
Controls how many characters are viewable in the Profiles user interface for board entries. The default is 250 characters.
Text is truncated after 250 characters even though the actual text can be stored in the database up to the maximum number of characters specified by the com.ibm.lconn.profiles.config.theboard.entry.MaxChars property.
Controls how many characters are viewable in the Profiles user interface for comments on board entries. The default is 250 characters.
Text is truncated after 250 characters even though the actual text can stored in the database up to the maximum number of characters specified by the com.ibm.lconn.profiles.config.theboard.entry.MaxChars property.
Save your changes and close the configuration file. After making changes, check the configuration files back in, and do so during the same wsadmin session in which you checked them out for the changes to take effect. See Apply property changes in Profiles for information about how to save and apply your changes.
Parent topicConfigure advanced settings in Profiles
Apply property changes in Profiles