Configure IBM ConnectionsBefore you can use the plug-ins, provide information about the IBM Connections servers to which the plug-ins will connect.
Before you beginA application must be installed and available from a IBM Connections server before a plug-in can use it. The plug-ins extend the following IBM Connections applications:
- IBM Connections Plug-in for Notes – Activities, Dogear, Profiles
- IBM Connections Plug-in for Microsoft™ Office – Activities, Blogs, Profiles
Note: Only Activities and Profiles are available from Excel and PowerPoint.
- IBM Connections Plug-in for Microsoft Windows™ Explorer – Activities
- IBM Connections Plug-in for Sametime – Activities, Profiles
- IBM Connections Portlet – Activities, Blogs, Communities, Dogear, Profiles
Note: Trust association must be enabled on the WAS hosting the Activities application for the Activities capabilities of the plug-ins to function properly. Trust association is enabled during the installation by default. But, if it is subsequently disabled, enable it before the plug-ins will function properly. See Enable the trust association for details.
About this taskTo configure the IBM Connections plug-ins...
- To display the configuration settings page, do one of the following:
- From a Microsoft Office application, click the IBM Connections toolbar button, and then choose Configure IBM Connections from the menu.
- From Microsoft Windows Explorer, right-click a file that you want to add to an activity, and choose Add to Activity. If the configuration settings page is not displayed, click the Settings button.
- From the Notes client, click the IBM Connections bookmark folder to open the bookmarks list, and then click IBM Connections Settings.
- From the Sametime client, select File -> Preferences, and then click IBM Connections.
- From the Portlet Menu, select Configure.
- In the server URL fields, enter the web addresses for the servers that support the applications you plan to use. If you do not know the server web addresses, contact your site administrator.
Use the following syntax to specify the server web address:
- Specify the authentication type and URL you are using from the following choices:
- HTTP Basic
Note: You do not need to specify an authentication URL for this option.
Note: The user name and password fields are disabled when SPNEGO is selected because it uses Kerbors as the login.
- Sun Access Manager
- Tivoli Access Manager
- Click OK to save the configuration settings.
Configure IBM HTTP Server for SSL