Change references to administrative credentialsUpdate the aliases that reference the administrative user IDs and passwords used to handle server-to-server communication.
Before you beginThis is an optional procedure.
- To update the aliases that manage server-to-server communication, edit the associated J2C authentication data for the alias. In the WAS administration console, select Security -> Global security.
- In the Authentication area, expand Java Authentication and Authorization Service, and click J2C authentication data.
- Click the connectionsAdmin alias to edit it.
You defined the current user ID and password to use for the connectionsAdmin alias during the installation. The user id and password must be one of the following values:
- A valid user in the organization's LDAP service. Organizational security requirements may require you to change this password periodically, in which case the stored credentials will need to be updated to reflect the new password.
- A user defined in the WebSphere Identity Manager.
- Update the values that have changed.
- Apply and save the changes.
- Restart the servers hosting IBM Connections.
- If you changed the name of the administrative user, update the mapping for the following J2EE roles:
Table 1. Application J2EE roles and aliases
Application J2EE role Alias Description dsx-admin connectionsAdmin Accesses user information from the Profiles or Communities databases using the corresponding directory service extensions. search-admin connectionsAdmin Indexes the applications to support advanced searches across the product. widget-admin connectionsAdmin Accesses other applications from the Communities application to support the widgets that are available within Communities.
See Switching to unique administrator IDs for system level communication for more details.
- Perform some additional steps to update the messaging bus configuration, which also relies on the connectionsAdmin alias. See Update the messaging bus configuration when the connectionsAdmin user ID changes for more details.
Parent topicManage stored credentials
Configure media galleries
Configure J2C authentication for Search
Switching to unique administrator IDs for system level communication
Update the messaging bus configuration when the connectionsAdmin user ID changes
September 19, 2011 9:58:44 AM
Sep 19, 2011 9:58:44 AM 1