Change Wikis configuration property valuesConfiguration properties control how and when various Wikis operations take place. You can edit the properties to change the ways that Wikis operates.
Before you beginTo edit configuration files, use the IBM WAS wsadmin client. See Starting the wsadmin client for information about how to start the wsadmin command-line tool.
About this taskIn the client, you access scripts that use the AdminConfig object to interact with the configuration file. After changing the configuration properties, synchronize nodes and restart the Wikis server before the changes take effect.
To edit Wikis configuration properties...
- Start the wsadmin client.
- Start the Wikis Jython script interpreter.
- Access the Wikis configuration files:
If you are asked to select a server, you can select any server.
- Check out the Wikis configuration files using the following command:
- <working_directory> is the temporary working directory to which the configuration XML and XSD files are copied. The files are kept in this working directory while you make changes to them.
Note: AIX and Linux™ only: The directory must grant write permissions or the command will not run successfully.
- <cell_name> is the name of the WAS cell hosting the IBM Connections application. This argument is required. If you do not know the cell name, you can determine it by typing the following command in the wsadmin command processor:
- Optional: To view a list of the valid Wikis configuration settings and their current values, use the following command:
Here is some sample output from the WikisConfigService.showConfig() command:
Wikis configuration properties: security.logout.href = /wikis/ibm_security_logout activeContentFilter.enabled = true cache.user.timeout = 43200000 cache.http.publicContentMaxAgeInSecs = 604800 db.dialect = DB2
- Some properties must be edited using the wsadmin client; others can only be edited by editing the configuration XML file directly. To change a Wikis configuration setting, do one of the following:
- To edit a property using the wsadmin client, use the following command:WikisConfigService.updateConfig("<property>", "<value>")
where <property> is one of the editable Wikis configuration properties and <value> is the new value with which you want to set that property. See Wikis configuration properties for a complete list of editable properties. For example:
- To edit the value of a property in a configuration file directly, from the temporary directory to which you checked it out, open the file in a text editor, and then make your changes.
- Optional: Repeat step 4 for each single-value property setting that you want to change.
- Optional: After updating the Wikis properties with new values, use the WikisConfigService.showConfig() command to display the list of properties and their updated values. These are the values that will be checked in with the WikisConfigService.checkInConfig() command.
What to do nextYou must check the configuration files back in after making changes, and they must be checked in during the same wsadmin session in which they were checked out for the changes to take effect. See the topic Apply Wikis property changes for details.
Wikis configuration properties
Configuration properties control how and when various Wikis operations take place, and also help in the optimization of server performance. They require a Wikis server restart to take effect.
Apply Wikis property changes
After you have edited the Wikis configuration properties, check the changed configuration file in, update the version stamp property, and restart the servers to apply the changes.
Parent topicAdminister Wikis
Starting the wsadmin client
Customize Wikis notification templates
Change the context root of an application