Backing up IBM ConnectionsBefore applying any updates, back up your databases and your IBM Connections deployment.
About this task
Follow these steps to back up your IBM Connections deployment. You can use this back-up to restore your existing IBM Connections deployment if the update fails.
- Stop the IBM WAS instances that are hosting IBM Connections.
- Create a backup copy of the databases using native database tools. If the update fails, use this backup to restore the databases. For more information about backing up IBM Connections data, see the Backing up and restoring data topic.
- Create a back-up copy of the WAS dmgr profile directory: profile_root/Dmgr01. For example: D:\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\dmgr.
- Back up your IBM Connections deployment.
- Create a back-up copy of the IBM Connections installation directory: lotus_connections_root.
- Create a back-up copy of the WAS profile directory: profile_root
Note: If IBM Connections applications are deployed on separate profiles, archive each profile.
- Create a back-up copy of the profileRegistry.xml file, located under app_server_root/properties.
- Back up any customized configuration files. For more information, see the Saving your customizations topic.
Parent topicUpdate and migrating
Saving your customizations
Update to IBM Connections 3.0.1 from version 3.0
Update IBM Connections 3.0.1
Backing up and restoring data
Preparing IBM Connections for maintenance
Migrating to IBM Connections 3.0.1 from version 2.5
April 11, 2011 6:55:02 AM
Apr 11, 2011 6:55:02 AM 1