Add topics to a community forumStart a discussion with members of your community by adding a topic to one of the community forums. Anyone who can access the forums can view the new topic.
Before you beginThe Forums application must be available in your community for you to be able to add a discussion topic. When you see a Forums area on the community's Overview page, this means that the application is enabled for your community. You must be a community member to post topics to a community's forums.
ProcedureTo add a topic to a community forum...
- On the community's Overview page, click Start a Topic in the Forums area of the page.
If you are the first member to add a forum topic, the link displays as Start the First Topic.
- Required: Enter the title of the discussion topic in the Title field.
- To mark the topic as a question, select Mark this topic as a question.
- Enter one or more tags in the Tags field.
- Enter the content of your topic in the rich-text field provided. Be as descriptive as possible. Remember that you want to start a discussion, so include relevant information to interest other community members and get them involved.
- Required: Select the community forum where you want to add the topic from the Forum list.
- To attach a file to the topic, click Attach a File and browse for a file.
- Click Save.
ResultsIf forum topics are moderated in your deployment, the topic does not display immediately. The forum moderator must approve the topic content first. If content moderation is not enabled, the topic is published immediately.
Parent topicUse community forums
Add forums to a community
Browsing community forums