Add terms and conditions to media galleriesMake users agree to terms and conditions when they upload new photos or videos to media galleries. This is optional.
ProcedureTo add a terms and conditions agreement to the media gallery widget...
- Create a string bundle, for example com.tc.resources. See Add custom strings for widgets and other specified scenarios.
- Create a new string properties file, for example com.tc.resources.properties. It must contain a key-value pair with the string that you want to use in your terms and conditions agreement. For example:
tc=These are the terms and conditions agree to before uploading a photo or video file.
Note: If you want tc for different languages, create _<lang>.properties files instead. For example, for a Spanish string create com.tc.resources_es.properties. The agreement will only be available to browsers set for Spanish.
- Register new resource bundle in LotusConnections-config.xml:
- Check out LotusConnections-config.xml and open in editor.
- Add the following line of code into the <resources> element block to register the resource bundle:
<widgetBundle prefix="tc" name="com.tc.resources"/>
- Add the following items to media gallery widget definition in widgets-config.xml:
<item name="tc_bundle" value="tc" /> <item name="tc_key" value="label.tc" /> <item name="tc_checkbox" value="false" />
- The value attribute of the tc_bundle item must be the prefix that you used for the resource bundle in LotusConnections-config.xml. In this case, the prefix is "tc".
- The value attribute of the tc_key item is the key used in the properties file you create in <customize_dir>/strings, for example if your key was tc= then type tc.
- The value attribute of the tc_checkbox item can be true or false. If true, users must check a box in the agreement before they can access the media gallery.
See Use the widgets-config.xml file for Communities.
- Restart the IBM Connections server.
Parent topicConfigure media galleries
Add custom strings for widgets and other specified scenarios
Use the widgets-config.xml file for Communities
September 19, 2011 9:58:44 AM
Sep 19, 2011 9:58:44 AM 1