Add members to a standard activityTo give a person access to a standard activity, you can add the person as a member. You must be an author or an owner of an activity to add members. An author can add readers and other authors. An owner can add members in any role.
About this taskYou can add multiple people at once if the people are members of a group that exists in the company directory or if they are members of a community. If no existing group or community is applicable and there are too many people to add them each one-by-one, then contact your administrator. Administrators can grant a set of people access to an activity using wsadmin commands. Be sure to tell the administrator the web address of the activity and the email addresses of the people that you want to have added to it. If the product is configured to hide email addresses, provide the login names of each person instead.
If you add a person who is already a member of the activity, the new membership entry overwrites the original entry.
To add a member to an activity...
- From the My Activities view, open an activity.
- Click Add Members.
- Perform one of the following steps:
- To add individual people or groups...
- To assign a role other than the default role of Author to the member that you are adding, click the down arrow beside the Author field, and then select Owner or Reader.
If you are not an owner of the activity, you cannot add a person as an owner.
- Begin typing the person's name or email address or a group name into the second field. As you type, a list of matching names is displayed. Click a name in the list to add that person or group.
If the product is configured to hide email addresses, then type the name of the person or group instead of the email address. If the person or group is not displayed in the list, then you can search for it.
- Repeat these steps to add other people or groups to the activity.
Important: Do not click Cancel unless you want to remove all of the people that you added so far. To remove a person that you have added, click the X button next to the person's name.
- To add all of the members of a community to a standard activity...
- Expand Add Communities.
- To assign a role other than the default role of author to the community members that you are adding, click the down arrow beside the Author field, and then select Owner or Reader.
If you are not an owner of the activity, you cannot add community members as owners.
- Begin typing the community name into the second field. As you type, a list of the communities to which you belong is displayed. Select a community from the list.
Important: Do not click Cancel unless you want to remove the communities that you added so far. To remove a community that you have added, click the X button next to the community's name.
- Repeat these steps to add other communities to the activity.
- When you are finished adding members to the activity, click Save.
ResultsThe server sends an email message or sends a notification to the Updates tab of the Home page application to each new member, notifying them about the activity.
Parent topicMembership roles
What's new in Activities?
Manage member access to activities