Add files to IBM Connections from Microsoft Windows ExplorerAdd files to an IBM Connections activity or blog with the click of a mouse.
If you are configured correctly, you can add files to an IBM Connections activity directly from Microsoft™ Windows™ Explorer. For example, you can add an agenda document that you created using Microsoft Word to an activity you are using to plan and coordinate an off-site meeting. In order to add documents to an activity, be configured to do so. You will need the URL for the Activity server as well as your IBM Connections user name and password. If you do not have this information, contact your administrator.
Parent topicUse the IBM Connections Plug-in for Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows
Add files from Windows Explorer to an activityAdd a file to an activity to share it with other activity users. Adding a file to an activity from Windows Explorer is a great shortcut for sharing documents that you have created and stored locally with IBM Connections users.
Before you beginYou must have the plug-in installed and be configured to use Activities to use this feature. See the topic Configure the IBM Connections Plug-in for Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Right-click the file that you want to add to an activity and select IBM Connections -> Add to Activity.
The name of the activity entry is completed by default with the file name. You can edit this name if you want.
- Add tags.
Tags are keywords that you assign to describe your posting. Tags must be entered as a single word, separated by commas or spaces. Payroll, human-resources, and event_planning are examples of valid tag formats.
- Select an activity.
- Select an existing activity.
- Create an activity. Assign a name and optionally complete the Tags and Activity Goal fields for the activity. You can also assign a due date and invite users to join the activity.
- Mark the entry as private, if you do not want other users to view it in the activity.
- Click OK to save the file to the selected activity.
When you open the activity, your file will be available as an entry.