Add an Outlook message to an activityAdd a Microsoft™ Outlook message to an activity to share it with other activity users.
Before you beginYou must have the plug-in installed and be configured to use Activities to use this feature. See the topic Configure IBM Connections Plug-in for Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows.
About this taskAdding a message to an activity from Outlook is a great shortcut for sharing content that you have in your mail and want to share with activity users.
- Select a message in Microsoft Outlook.
- Click Connections -> Add -> Activity.
The message title for the activity posting is completed by default with the message name. You can edit this name if you want.
- Add tags.
Tags are keywords you assign to describe your posting. Tags must be entered as a single word, separated by commas or spaces. Payroll, human-resources, and event_planning are examples of valid tag formats.
- Do one of the following:
- Select an existing activity.
- Create an activity. Assign a name and optionally complete the Tags and Activity Goal fields for the activity. You can also assign a due date and invite users to join the activity.
- Mark the entry as private, if you do not want other users to view it in the activity.
- Click OK to save the message to the selected activity.
When you open the activity, your message is available as an entry.
Parent topicUsing Microsoft Outlook with Connections