Add a chat to an existing activitySave a chat as a text file that gets stored in an existing activity.
Before you beginYour Sametime client must be enabled to save chats or the Add Chat Transcript to Activities icon will not be displayed in the action bar of the chat window. If you do not see the icon, contact your administrator.
About this taskIf you are engaged in a chat that you would like to preserve and make available to others, you can save it to an activity.
- From the chat window, click the Add Chat Transcript to Activities icon.
- Optional: Edit the title of the chat entry by editing the Name field.
The entry is named "Chat: " followed by the names of the chat participants by default.
- Type tags for the chat file in the Tags field. Type a comma between tags.
Tags are keywords that you use to classify information to make it easier to search. Tags must be entered as single words. For example: human_resources, payroll, event-planning.
- Select the Private check box if you do not want the chat to be viewable by other activity members.
- Choose one of the activities listed, and then click OK.
The message, "Chat added to activity: <activity_name>," is displayed. If you and your chat partner are both members of the chosen activity and you did not mark the chat private, the message is displayed in the chat window for both participants to see. You and your chat partner can click the activity name to open the activity. If a person participating in the chat is not a member of the chosen activity or you marked the chat private, the message is displayed in the message bar at the bottom of your chat window. It is not displayed in the message bar of the chat windows of the other participants.
What to do nextYou can open the activity from your Activities dashboard to view the chat file.
Parent topicActivities Sametime Feature