Add a bookmark from a web page to a communityUse the bookmark button control provided by IBM Connections to add the Add Bookmark button to your web browser. Then, when you visit a web page that you want to bookmark, you can click the button to add that page as a bookmark to your community.
Before you beginBefore adding a bookmark to a community using the Add Bookmark button, add the button control to your web browser. To do so...
- Click How to Bookmark in the IBM Connections footer.
- Follow the instructions in the page to add the Add Bookmark button to your web browser.
ProcedureTo add a bookmark to a community from the web site that you want to bookmark...
- From a web page that you want to bookmark for a community, click Add Bookmark.
- Edit the name of the web site that displays in the Title field if necessary.
- If edit the URL of the bookmark, make the necessary changes to the contents of the URL field.
This field is automatically populated when you open the Add Bookmark form.
- Add one or more tags that describe the content of the bookmark link in the Tags field.
- Type a description that reflects the content of the bookmark in the Description field.
- To specify the community to which you want to add the bookmark, from the Add to Communities tab, select a community from the list displayed in the Community field.
- Select Add to important bookmarks to add the link to the list of important bookmarks on the community's Overview page.
- If you want to prompt a discussion of the bookmark with your fellow community members, enter a message in the Message for discussion field.
- Click Save to add the bookmark to the community
Parent topicAdd bookmarks to a community