Add IBM Connections search to your browserAdd IBM Connections to the list of search engines used by your web browser so that you can search IBM Connections content directly from the browser.
Before you beginThe IBM Connections search engine can be added to all supported browsers except Microsoft™ Internet Explorer 6.
About this taskAdding IBM Connections search functionality allows you to search all the content in your deployment directly from the browser, with the results returned in the IBM Connections interface.
- Open either the IBM Connections Search URL provided by your administrator or the Search Results page.
- Do one of the following.
- In Mozilla Firefox:
- From the search control in your browser, click the arrow with the blue background to display a list of search engine options.
- Select Add "Connections".
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Click the Search Options arrow next to the search control and select Connections.
ResultsIBM Connections search now becomes the active search engine in your browser. You can switch to another search engine at any time by selecting a different option from the list of search engines provided.
What to do nextTo search IBM Connections from your browser search control, enter a search term in the field provided and click Search. The results display in the IBM Connections user interface, where you can filter them in the usual way. For information about working with search results, see Work with search results.
Parent topicSearch across IBM Connections
Work with search results