Act on a flagged commentTo programmatically take action on a comment that has been flagged as inappropriate, send an Atom entry document that defines the action you want to take to the moderation action feed.
Only the moderator can take action on flagged comments.
See Authenticating requests for information about how to authenticate the request.
To take action on a flagged comment...
- Retrieve the moderation service document. See Retrieve the Blogs moderation service document for more details.
- In the service document, locate the workspace with the <atom:category term="comments-moderation" .../> child element, and then find the collection with the <atom:category term="review-action" .../> child element, and make a note of the web address in its href attribute.
- Find the history link of the comment that you want to take action on by getting a list of flagged comments. See Getting a list of flagged comments for more details. Make a note of the href attribute of the <link> element that has the rel="http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/sn/history" attribute for the entry representing the comment.
- Create an Atom entry document that defines the action you want to perform. In the <snx:moderation action="xxx" /> element, choose one of the following options:
Dismissed the flag, but does not change the status of the comment.
Removes the content from public view.
Dismisses all flags and changes the status to active.
Include a link element that identifies the comment you want to take action on. In the href attribute of the link element, include the web address from the history link that you made a note of in Step 3.
For example, to dismiss a flag on a comment, the Atom entry document might contain the following content:
<?xml version="1.0"?> <entry xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xmlns:snx="http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/sn"> <id>ignored</id> <title>ignored</title> <author> <name>ignored</name> <!-- taken from authenticated moderator user --> </author> <link rel="related" href="http://enterprise.example.com/blogs/home/api/ actions/review/comments/fe2f3fd4-3dde-493c-a1db-111aea51174d" /> <snx:moderation action="dismiss" /> <content>This content can be made public.</content> </entry>
- Send a POST request to the web address that you noted in Step 2. Pass the Atom entry document that you created in the previous step as input on the request.
Table 1. Atom API request details
Method Resource URI Input representation POST Change post-moderated content review status collection Value of the href attribute of the <collection> element that has the <atom:category term="review-action" .../> child element in the moderation service document. moderation action
InputProvide a moderation action Atom entry document. The content type of the Atom entry document must be application/atom+xml.
Returned HTTP headers
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Indicates that the comment was successfully moderated. If an error occurs, this header contains one of the error codes.
- HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
- HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
- HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden. Returned when the current user is authorized to the use the API, but cannot moderate the specified content.
- HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found. Indicates that the content is no longer available.
> POST /blogs/home/api/actions/review/comments HTTP/1.1 > Authorization: Basic xxx > Host: enterprise.example.com > Accept: */* > Content-Type: application/atom+xml > Content-Length: 509
< HTTP/1.1 200 OK < Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 20:18:51 GMT < Server: IBM_HTTP_Server ... < Content-Length: 0 < Content-Type: text/plain < Content-Language: en-US
Parent topicWork with flagged comments
Moderation action entry content