Access the Bookmarks configuration fileTo make configuration changes to a Bookmarks deployment first access the Bookmarks configuration file.
Before you beginTo edit configuration files, use the wsadmin client. See Starting the wsadmin client for details.
About this taskConfiguration files are XML-formatted files that store configuration information. The file dogear-config-cell.xml stores properties that affect Bookmarks, such as determining thresholds for displaying active tag, person, and link data. Follow these steps to access one of the Bookmarks configuration files:
- Start the wsadmin client from the following directory of the system on which you installed the deployment manager:
where <app_server_root> is the WAS installation directory and <dm_profile_root> is the dmgr profile directory, typically dmgr01. For example, on Windows:
Attention: You must run the following command to start the wsadmin client from this specific directory because the Jython files for the product are stored here. If you try to start the client from a different directory, then the execfile() command that you subsequently call to initialize the administration environment for an IBM Connections component does not work correctly. See the topic Starting the wsadmin client.
- Start the Bookmarks Jython script interpreter by entering the following command:
If prompted to specify a service to connect to, type 1 to pick the first node in the list. Most commands can run on any node. If the command writes or reads information to or from a file using a local file path, pick the node where the file is stored.
- To change properties, check out the configuration file, dogear-config-cell.xml, with the following command:
DogearCellConfig.checkOutConfig( "<working_directory>", "<cell_name>")
- <working_directory> is the temporary working directory to which the configuration XML and XSD files are copied and are stored while you make changes to them. Use forward slashes to separate directories in the file path, even if you are using the Microsoft Windows operating system.
Note: AIX and Linux only: The directory must grant write permissions or the command will not run successfully.
- <cell_name> is the name of the WAS cell hosting the IBM Connections application. This argument is case-sensitive, so type it with care. If you do not know the cell name, you can determine it by typing the following command in the wsadmin command processor:print AdminControl.getCell()
- Microsoft Windows:DogearCellConfig.checkOutConfig("c:/dogear/temp","DogearServerNode01Cell")
This command should print out this message: Bookmarks Cell Level configuration file successfully checked out.
- To view a list of the valid Bookmarks configuration settings and their current values, use the following command:
- To change a Dogear configuration setting, use the following command:
DogearCellService .updateConfig(" [property]", " [value]") where [property] is one of the editable Dogear properties and [value] is the new value to apply to the property. For example:
What to do nextAfter making changes, check the configuration files back in and do so during the same wsadmin session in which you checked them out for the changes to take effect. See Apply property changes for details.
Bookmarks configuration properties
Configuration settings control various configurable applications within Bookmarks. They require a Bookmarks application or server restart to take effect.
Apply property changes
After you have edited the Bookmarks configuration properties, check the changed configuration file in, and restart the servers to apply the changes.
Parent topicAdminister Bookmarks
Starting the wsadmin client