IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 220.127.116.11
Configure the data collector after changing the application server version
If you upgrade the application server being monitored by the data collector from a 6.x version to a 7.x version, reconfigure the data collector to point to the updated instance of the application server.
Complete the following steps:
- For a non-Network Development environment, unconfigure the data collector from all application server instances before the upgrade.
- Unconfigure the data collector for application server instances
- Unconfigure the data collector from application server instances using command line
- Unconfigure the data collector for application server instances using GUI.
- Perform the upgrade of the application server.
- For a non-Network Development environment, make sure the application server instance is upgraded and started. For a Network Deployment environment, make sure the deployment manager and Node Agent are upgraded and started; do not start the instances.
- Use the Configuration Tool to configure the data collector for each application server instance.
- Configure ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications on Windows
- Configure ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications on Linux and UNIX systems.
- Start or restart the monitored application server instance
Parent topic:Customization and advanced configuration for the data collector