IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 18.104.22.168
Properties file encryption
Complete the following steps:
- To encrypt a properties file, use:amcrypto.sh -encyptPropertyFile file
The file is kl1.properties or kl2.properties in MS_home/etc. This command encrypts the given input file and stores it in a file with different name. The user can back up the existing properties file and have it replaced by the encrypted file for more security.
- To decrypt a properties file, use:amcrypto.sh -decryptPropertyFile file
The file is kl1.properties or kl2.properties in MS_home/etc. This command decrypts the given file and writes the decrypted file to another file with a different name.
- Restart the Managing Server to activate the changes:
- If it is not already stopped, stop the Managing Server.
- Start the Managing Server.
Parent topic:Password encryption and Kernel property file encryption