IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 188.8.131.52
Node Authentication is the technique used to ensure that the managing server and data collectors communicate with each other in a secure manner. In Node Authentication related configuration, the Kernel, data collectors or Port Consolidator operate in secure mode either individually or in combination. The configuration changes are common for all the modes except that a particular component can be made to operate in a different mode by changing the property security.enabled on that particular component.
You can use the following combinations:
- Managing server in secure mode. Data collector in non secure mode.
- Data collector in secure mode. Managing server in non secure mode.
- Managing server and data collector in secure or non secure mode.
- Script to run if your SSL certificates have expired
- Node Authentication on the Managing Server
- data collector custom properties file changes
- Node Authentication related properties in the Port Consolidator
- Keystore management and populating certificates
Parent topic:Set up security