IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 188.8.131.52
IBM JDK 1.4.2: removing the -Xnoclassgc argument
If an older version of the data collector (prior to 6.1 fix pack 1 6.1.0-TIV-ITCAMfWAS_MP-FP0001) was earlier configured for this application server instance, the -Xnoclassgc JVM parameter may be present, as that version required it. Remove this argument, as its presence may lead to a slowdown in performance.
Perform the following procedure:
- Log into the WAS administrative console for the instance of the application server being monitored by the data collector.
- Click Server > Application Servers and select the server_name.
- In the Configuration tab, navigate to Server Infrastructure > Java and Process Management > Process Definition > Additional Properties: Java Virtual Machine.
- If -Xnoclassgc is still specified in the Generic JVM arguments, remove the setting.
- Click Apply.
- In the Messages dialog box, click Save.
- In the Save to Master Configuration dialog box:
- If you are under a Network Deployment environment, be sure the check box Synchronize changes with Nodes is selected and then click Save.
- If you are not under a Network Deployment environment, click Save.
Parent topic:Additional steps for configuring the data collector on Windows
Parent topic:Additional steps for configuring the data collector on Linux and UNIX systems