IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 220.127.116.11
Install ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications remotely using Tivoli Enterprise Portal - WAS agent
Use Tivoli Enterprise Portal to install ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications remotely.
Perform a remote installation
To install ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications remotely using IBM Tivoli Monitoring:
- Prepare the host computer for installation of the agent.
- Prerequisites and pre-installation tasks for ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications on Windows
- Prerequisites and pre-installation tasks for ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications on Linux and UNIX systems
- Install agent support files on...
- Tivoli Enterprise Portal (Servers and browser client)
- Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Servers
- Tivoli Enterprise Portal desktop clients
- Add ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications to the remote deployment depot on the Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Server.
- Select the agent for the remote deployment depot in Step 7.
- Select the node for installation in Tivoli Enterprise Portal.
The node must already be a part of IBM Tivoli Monitoring infrastructure.
- Right-click the name of the node, and select...
Add Managed System
- In the Select a monitoring Agent window, select...
IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager Agent for WebSphere Applications
...and click OK.
- The agent configuration window is displayed. Select...
Configure Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agent
...and configure the monitoring agent settings.
Other configuration options are not available before installation is complete.
While you can choose to create a response file, the Browse button will not be available. You will need to enter the pathname for the response file manually. The file will be saved on the host where the agent is installed.
- Click Finish.
The Agent installation process will be started; you can track its progress in the Deployment Status workspace.
Parent topic:Install ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications remotely