IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 18.104.22.168
Configure ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications remotely using Tivoli Enterprise Portal - WAS agent
You can use Tivoli Enterprise Portal to configure ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications remotely.
- configure and unconfigure the data collector for application server instances
- configure the communication of the data collector to the Managing Server
- upgrade application server instances from previous versions of the data collector
To configure ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications remotely using IBM Tivoli Monitoring, from the Tivoli Enterprise Portal, select...
agent (right-click) | Configure
The Managed System Configuration window is displayed. This window is the same as the Agent Configuration window available on the host where the agent is installed. Using this window, you can perform Agent configuration.
The following configuration procedures are available:
- Configure data collector communication to the monitoring agent.
- Configure the data collector to monitor application server instances.
- Unconfigure the data collector from application server instances.
- Enable, disable, or configure data collector communication to the Managing Server.
- Upgrade monitoring from a previous version of the data collector.
- Change the maintenance level of the data collector.
- Remove an unused data collector maintenance level.
...while you can choose to create a response file, the Browse button will not be available. You will need to enter the pathname for the response file manually. The file will be saved on the host where the agent is installed.
If you configure the data collector to monitor application server instances, the instances will be restarted automatically, so that the changes can take effect. However, you may still need to perform additional tasks on the host computer after this configuration.
- Additional steps for configuring the data collector on Windows
- Additional steps for configuring the data collector on Linux and UNIX systems
Parent topic:Install ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications remotely