IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 220.127.116.11
Reconfiguring the data collector to bypass the Port Consolidator - WAS agent
If after configuring the data collector to use the Port Consolidator, you want the data collector to bypass the Port Consolidator:
- Unconfigure the data collector in the Visualization Engine (Application Monitor) user interface:
- Start the Managing Server.
- From the top navigation, click Administration > Server Management > Data Collector Configuration.
The data collector Management page opens.
- Go to the Configured data collectors at the top of the page.
- To unconfigure the data collector, select the check box that is next to the data collector, and click Apply.
The unconfigured data collector is added to the Unconfigured data collectors page.
- If the data collection has reports associated with it, you are prompted to delete those reports before unconfiguring the data collector.
- For further information about unconfiguring a data collector in the WAS administrative console, see the section on unconfiguring a data collector in the IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics: User's Guide.
- Stop the Port Consolidator.
- Verify that the Port Consolidator is stopped...
You will now see the message KERNELPROXY is down.
- Reconfigure the data collector to bypass the Port Consolidator:
- Stop the application server.
- Edit DC_home/runtime/app_server_version.node_name.server_name/custom/datacollector_custom.properties file and remove the following lines from the end of the file:
proxy.host=IP address of data collector
- Check for the same lines in the DC_home/runtime/appserver_version.node_name.server_name/appserver_version.node_name.server_name.datacollector.properties file; if they are present, remove them.
- Restart the instance of the application server monitored by the data collector.
- In the Self-Diagnosis page of the Visualization Engine (Application Monitor) user interface, check to see that the data collector is listed. The data collector will show up as unconfigured.
- Check the configuration of your data collector. In the Visualization Engine (Application Monitor) user interface, click Administration > Server Management > Data Collector Configuration.
The data collector will be listed. However, it will be showing as unavailable.
- View Unconfigured data collectors.
Your data collector will be listed.
Parent topic:Port Consolidator reference and configuration