IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 184.108.40.206
J2C Connection Pools workspace
This workspace reports information about resource adapters and connectors that adhere to J2C, the WAS implementation of the JCA.
Data counters for this category contain usage information about the J2C connection pools that enable enterprise beans to connect to and interact with systems such as the Customer Information Control System (CICS) and the Information Management System (IMS™). This workspace displays data provided by the J2C Connection Pools attributes.
- This workspace reports blanks for resource data on the first invocation if PMI data collection is configured for on-demand sampling (that is, if your site set configuration value Resource Data Collection Method to On Demand) or if you have not yet run applications that generate PMI resource data. To report resource data in this workspace after installing and configuring the data collector, use the WebSphere administrative console to set the appropriate PMI instrumentation level.
- Because of high overhead, the Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agent provides on demand sampling by default. To activate PMI monitoring, first select this workspace and then select it again later. Each time you select the workspace, it displays the data collected during the interval between selections.
The predefined workspace contains the following items:
- Highest Average Pool Sizes bar chart, which shows the largest average number of managed connections for each J2C connection pool. The Y-axis headings correspond to the row number of the J2C Connection Pools report
- Worst Wait Times bar chart, which shows the worst wait time (in milliseconds) for each of the J2C connection pools. The y-axis headings correspond to the row number of the J2C Connection Pools report
- Highest Allocation Rates bar chart
Displays the highest managed-connection creation, destruction, and allocation rates (in events per second)
- J2C Connection Pools report, which displays information about connectors that adhere to J2C. For example, this report displays the number of managed connections or physical connections and the total number of connections or connection handles
Access the J2C Connection Pools workspace
To access this workspace:
- Within the Navigato...
, expand Windows Systems, Linux Systems, z/OS Systems, or UNIX Systems, as appropriate for the node you are monitoring.
- Within the node list, expand the entry that corresponds to the node you want to select.
- Within that node list of monitored applications, expand the list of WebSphere agents.
- Within the list of available agents, expand the WebSphere application server of your choice.
- Within that server list of available WAS workspaces, click the J2C Connection Pools entry.
Access the Managing Server Visualization Engine from the J2C Connection Pools workspace
In The Tivoli Enterprise Portal access the J2C connection pools workspace. You can use the Diagnostic Server Activity Display link to access the Managing Server Visualization Engine. For information about access requirements see Prerequisites for access.
- In the J2C connection pools window, right click the choose link icon then click Diagnostic Server Activity Display.
- If this is your first time to access the Managing Server Visualization Engine during a session, you see a Welcome to the Application Monitor page.
- Depending on the user setup configuration in your environment you may or may not have to type your Managing Server Visualization Engine User Name and Password. If you do, you only need to log in using your User Name and Password once per session.
- Click OK to display the Server Activity Display page in the Managing Server Visualization engine. You can use link to diagnose application problems, for example, slow transactions or high response times.
- The results relate directly to the context from where you launched the link in the Tivoli Enterprise Portal. For more information about using the Server Activity Display page and additional features, refer to the Composite Application Manager help within the Managing Server Visualization Engine Interface.
- To return to the previous workspace in the Tivoli Enterprise Portal interface at any time choose from the following options:
- from the Tivoli Enterprise Portal desktop client, click the back arrow on your web browser.
- from the Tivoli Enterprise Portal browser client, click the browser back arrow.
- Workspace link to Managing Server Visualization Engine
- Access the Managing Server Visualization Engine from the Tivoli Enterprise Portal
Parent topic:Workspaces for ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications